Terms and Conditions
1. Definitionsi) The Club shall mean either Clacton Aero Club or Classic Wings Flight Training.
ii) The Company shall mean Cirrus Aviation Limited.
iii) The Aerodrome shall mean Clacton Airfield or Duxford Airfield as appropriate.
2. Opening Hoursi) Clacton Aero Club opening hours – Clubhouse 8:30 to 17:30 with the aerodrome being open 8:30 to 17:30 or until the last movement of the day. Winter opening hours are Clubhouse 9:00 to 17:00 with the aerodrome being open 10:00 to 16:00 or until the last movement of the day.
ii) Classic Wings Flight Training will operate within the opening hours of Duxford Airfield, normally between 10:00 to 18:00. These hours reduce during the winter months to 10:00 to 16:00.
iii) In exceptional circumstances, flying outside of these stated Aerodrome opening times may be authorised by the club. The guidelines set out in the Flying Orders with reference to out of hours operations must be adhered to.
3. Flying ChargesThe charges for flying instruction and hire of aircraft shall be fixed by the Club and may be subject to revision from time to time. The appropriate charge must be paid immediately upon the completion of any flight unless arrangements have been made to open an account with the Club. Discounted rates only apply if the account is in credit prior to the flight taking place otherwise the standard rates will apply.
4. Bookings and Cancellation of FlightsAll bookings must be made via and approved by an Aero Club staff member. Subject to the availability of an aircraft and/or a flying instructor, a Member may book in advance a time for instruction or the hire of an aircraft and must be available at least ten minutes prior to that time.
Cancellation of any bookings, whether instruction or private hire purposes, must be notified to the Club Staff no later than 24 hours prior to the booking commencement time. Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice will attract a minimum £30 charge for each booking cancelled. Exemptions will only be made under exceptional circumstances and entirely at the discretion of the Club.
Members failing to be present at the Club for the commencement of a booking or arriving too late to allow the flight to be fulfilled, will be deemed as having made a late cancellation and will be charged in accordance with the Club cancellation policy. Cancellation of bookings both for private hire or instruction for weather related reasons must be agreed with a member of the Club staff in advance of the booking commencement time.
Cancellations due to weather
It is the responsibility of the student to call the Club on the morning of their flight to ascertain whether or not the flight or lesson can go ahead. This decision is at the discretion of the Instructor.
5. PaymentsA non-refundable deposit of £500 will be required upon booking a PPL or NPPL Course. A non-refundable deposit of £100 will be required upon booking all other courses with the Club. Your booking will not be considered confirmed until this deposit is received.
10-Hour block bookings at a discounted rate can be made and paid for in advance.
6. RefundsIf for any reason a student decides not to complete the booked course, any monies remaining in the account will be refunded less a cancellation fee of £100 or 10% of the monies remaining, whichever is the greater.
10-Hour block bookings are non-refundable, so purchases should be carefully considered prior to making payment. Exceptions will only be made under exceptional circumstances and entirely at the discretion of the Club, and at which stage the hours flown would be re-calculated at the standard rate and a cancellation fee of £100 be charged.
7. Membership FeesMembership fees are paid annually or on a pro-rata basis and are non-refundable.
All persons flying in the Aero Clubs aircraft must hold a current membership with all fees fully paid in advance. Persons undergoing a “trial flying lesson”, “flight Test” or booked onto a residential course of flying training may hold temporary membership.
8. Indemnity Cover
This is paid annually at the same time as Membership fees. All persons flying in the Aero Clubs aircraft should take out indemnity cover to be paid in advance. However if you do not wish to do so, then the appropriate section of the form must be signed to this effect. Pilots that qualify for free club membership are reminded that this does not include Indemnity cover.
9. Accommodation on Residential CoursesThe prices of our residential courses do not include accommodation. We can suggest several local accommodation providers to you and give you their details. Any student wishing to make their own arrangements for accommodation may do so. All accommodation costs must be made directly to the accommodation provider.
10. Additional CostsAll non-flying items such as ground school, equipment, exams etc should be paid for separately and cannot be deducted from your account.
CLACTON AERO CLUB and CLASSIC WINGS FLIGHT TRAINING are trading names of CIRRUS AVIATION LIMITED